Director of Commercial & Product Development
This position is handled by Reborrn on behalf of our client, a global organization, leading the market in SE Europe by providing technology solutions that help companies secure people and assets on the move. Our client’s solutions, based on telematics technology, include Securing High-Value Theft Targeted Goods during Transportation, Fleet Management, Fuel Saving & Eco-Driving, Personal & Personnel Safety, Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Accident Prevention Systems, E-Call Systems, Remote Asset Management & Telemetry, IOT and more.
Our client is expanding their product & customers portfolio. So, we are looking for an experienced Director of Commercial & Product Development to help us achieve & sustain our ambitious growth targets.
This position is based in Athens, Greece and is currently serving the Greek market with the potential to expand to other CEE markets in the next 12-24 months
Who we are looking for:
This is not your typical Commercial Director role.
Yes, we are looking for someone with a proven track record in Sales & Business Development, but also someone who is actively interested in technology and wants to help us develop great products that solve real business needs. Someone who is an all-around player and puts his team above him/herself. Someone who values long-term relationships and focuses on what the client needs rather than on what we have to sell him.
You must be driven, responsible and proactive. You can take initiative by yourself and you can definitely plan your day, your week, your month alone. You are proactive and you see opportunities where others don’t.
You have a proven B2B (or B2B2C) sales record on technology, automotive, logistics, or similar industries, that gives you the confidence and market connections to successfully pursue our target market. Please provide specific examples or achievements in your application.
You’ve been in the market for more than 10 years managing product or sales team in large organizations. You have at least 5 years of experience in a Commercial or Product Director role where you had to directly manage a team of, at least, 5 people.
You understand how a P&L works and you can manage your team, expenses, and sales in order to help us grow the company in a profitable way. Just growing our revenues won’t be enough. Sustained long-term profitability is the goal
You know how to drive change in an organization. You have experimented with different business & organizational models in the past. You like to walk the extra mile and know how to motivate & educate your people to help them do the same. You set high standards but still are empathetic and help people change to meet these standards.
You live and breath technology and like to use it to make your and your clients' life easier and more efficient. You have working experience with any major CRM system like Salesforce, Zoho, Microsoft Dynamics or similar. If you don’t, you just ask for a demo account and get up to speed in a week.
You have experience and willingness to train and coach your team and your clients.
You are a very good communicator and negotiator and have the ability to build rapport
What we expect from you:
- Be responsible for the overall product & commercial strategy directly reporting to the Managing Director
- Draft, implement and evaluate cross-functional decisions which enable the company to achieve its revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Identify & build new sales channels or partnership opportunities. Explore new ways on how to reach new clients
- Arrange or attend business meetings with key prospective clients
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Optimize our existing product portfolio or manage the development of new products not only to meet customer demand but to put us ahead of the competition and the market
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of your team
- Work closely with the product teams to help them deliver a “world-class” product by providing insights, customer stories and feedback from the market
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Private Health & Life Insurance
- Company Car
- Phone & Mobile Plan
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Training & Development
Besides the above, the most important thing we offer is a workplace within which you can grow. The career roadmap of this position will give you the opportunity to grow your team, expand into new markets and eventually evolve into a more senior position in a couple of years (depending on the company's & markets' growth rates)